Thank you for your purchase of the FLAIM Trainer™ virtual reality training system, which is designed to provide experiential learning through a range of practical scenarios aimed at improving dynamic thinking, risk assessment, radio messaging, muscle memory, hose handling technique, and nozzle control. This manual is designed to assist trainers, even those with minimal understanding of virtual reality, in quickly getting started with the system.
It's important to note that the FLAIM Trainer system is not intended to replace hot fire training, but rather to complement it by providing a safe and immersive training environment. Our system is suitable for training people at all levels, from novice through to experienced firefighters, and allows for repeatable and realistic fire scenarios that can be used to develop and enhance skills.
In addition to training firefighters, the FLAIM Trainer can also be used to educate the public about the dangers of fire and to provide insight into the work of firefighters. The system is particularly useful for training scenarios that are inherently unsafe and difficult to reproduce, no longer possible due to environmental, community, and regulatory constraints, or incur significant training costs in terms of time, people, and assets.
FLAIM Trainer places firefighters in the most realistic training scenario available by utilising several customised elements:
- VR Headset: This provides the user with an immersive learning experience.
- Hose Reel: This provides the user with realistic reaction forces.
- Branch / Nozzle: This enables realistic reaction forces that are proportional to the pattern, flow rate and gate position.
- SCBA: This enables the user's breathing rate to be captured using the Half Facemask.
- Heat Suit: This provides the user with heat that is proportional to the fire.
Once again, thank you for your support.
The FLAIM Systems Team