For the following article, we will be using the Rhythm Armband Heart Rate Monitor.
- To begin, launch the FLAIM Trainer iPad app. Select "New Session". You may enter student information or just leave the fields blank. Once you're finished, select "Start Simulation".
- If you have not already done so, read through the warning and select "Accept" once you are finished.
- Select the settings icon in the top left corner.
- On the right side, select the option for "Reconnect Heart Rate".
- At the next screen, select the dropdown menu and scroll down to find your Bluetooth Heart Rate monitor (if you are using the Rhythm Armband Heart Rate Monitor, the device name will begin with "R+2.0"). Select your Heart Rate monitor and choose the option for "Save HR Sensor" in the bottom right corner.
- To confirm that the monitor is now selected, choose the option for "Reconnect Hear Rate" once again. Confirm that your device is listed besides "Current Connected Sensor" at the top. If it is not, return to Step 5. Once you have confirmed that your Heart Rate monitor is connected, select the "Back" button.
- Now, select the option for "Restart FLAIM System" on the left side. Then, select the yellow "Trainer Simulation" button in the bottom left corner to return to the main instructor view.
- If your student is using the wearable, you may select the heart icon labeled "Biometrics" in the top left corner (note that the students Heart Rate will be displayed inside of the heart icon).
- Once in the biometrics screen, you may track the students vitals in real time. When you are ready to start or stop another scenario, you may select the "Close" button on the bottom right to return to the main Instructor view.
Please sign in to leave a comment.